Happy New Year!

It's so hard to believe that it's 2009 now. Since I've become an adult, I've found that time moves quickly but since I've become a parent, it flies that much faster! Aidan is already 6 months old and Kirsi is nearly 3 years old. I love watching my kids grow up but it also makes me sad that I won't ever get those times back again. I do try to enjoy every minute of every day with them (well, except for those whiny or fussy times) but it still goes by too quickly.

Yesterday we had a quiet day with Nana and Papa. Kirsi and Aidan still have their colds and they passed them on to Nana. Aunt Ev invited us out to their place for New Year's supper so we wanted to be well rested for that. Nana was feeling lousy so she and Papa stayed home but we went over. It was great to see everyone again and we had a good visit. Ev and Ejner are fantastic hosts - they always have way too much good food and drink but, mmm, is it good!! Ev and Erin decided to change it up a bit and forgo the turkey dinner. Instead, they put together a fondue for everyone. It was the first time in years that I'd done a fondue and I'd forgotten how to do it but it was great. Ev and Erin had made a ton of yummy appetizers and after figuring out why the breakers were blowing, we got to enjoy a delicious fondue supper. We had chicken, beef, pork, fish and veggies with lots of different dipping sauces and for dessert, there was a chocolate fondue with fruits and cookies. I think fondues are fun and a great way to enjoy people's company over dinner. What a great idea for a new tradition!

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of scrapbook pages to share

Road Trip, Part 1 - Willow Bunch and St. Victor

Flashback - Varanasi, India